The Partners, Paul Gray and Andrew Liles, first met as NHS management trainees in 1993. Paul and Andrew share a passion for the NHS.
Paul specialises in healthcare strategic and service planning. He joined the NHS in 1993 as a management trainee and has had roles managing acute and community services and working at Board level in planning and strategic roles.
In 2009 Paul established Consilium Strategic Consulting as a new specialist health consultancy practice working with NHS and private healthcare providers on all aspects of strategy, planning, organisational and business development. Since then he has worked with all sectors of the NHS.
He has supported acute, community, mental health and primary care providers, commissioning organisations and health and care systems. He has worked with them to develop innovative strategies for their organisations and services which fit the local context, are commercially viable, lead to increased clinical and financial sustainability and which are deliverable.
Recent assignments have included:
- Working as Programme Director for an ambitious PACS vanguard site, bringing together clinicians and managers from primary, community, acute and social care to design and introduce a new model of care
- Supporting one of the largest community and mental health providers with the development of their strategies and plans for integrated care.
- Working with successful clinical commissioning groups as they design and implement new models of integrated out of hospital care.
- Supporting ambitious providers and commissioners as they collaborate to deliver better care.
- Developing analytical tools to help providers understand and respond to the market in which they operate.
In 2014, Paul joined forces with Andrew Liles, to found Consilium Partners.
Andrew joined Paul to form Consilium Partners in September 2014 after 22 years working in the NHS.
He is committed to making as big a contribution to the NHS through Consilium Partners as he did as a CEO. Recent assignments have included:
- Supporting Moorfields Eye Hospital to plan and deliver their Vanguard programme to develop their Moorfields@ speciality chain and produce a toolkit for the rest of the NHS.
- Working with Wessex AHSN to produce an evidence based methodology for spreading/ replicating innovations and best practice at scale and pace.
- Supporting Merton CCG and Borough Council to develop a new model of health and wellbeing for their most deprived populations.
- Leading the evaluation of the North East Hampshire and Farnham PACS Vanguard, to determine the impact of their new models of care.
Andrew has 10 years experience as an acute Trust Chief Executive. His last post was CEO of Ashford and St Peter’s Hospitals FT, where over 6 years he helped it achieve FT status, built a strong and devolved leadership team and developed a new strategy that can successfully navigate the challenges now facing medium sized DGHs.
As CEO of the Royal West Sussex Trust Andrew led the merger process with Worthing Hospitals up to Full Business Case – to create what is now Western Sussex Hospitals FT.
Andrew also holds the position of Visiting Professor of Health Care Management at the Royal Holloway College, the University of London.
Other Board level posts included Director of Operations, Director of Strategy and Director of Planning.His interest has always stretched beyond his own organisation and he led Leadership and Talent management across the South East for 5 years, chaired the regional Clinical Research network and chaired a national Innovation workstream.
Kevin is an Associate of Consilium Partners and is a long-term colleague of Paul and Andrew's. Since then Kevin has had a number of very senior NHS leadership roles, as a Director of UCLH, the CEO of the Integrated Trust on the Isle of Wight (commissioner and provider) and Deputy Chief Executive of NHS Wales.
Kevin has built a reputation as a strategic leader, able to take organisations and systems through complex change and transformation processes using a wide range of techniques. Today, one of his special interests is redesigning health and social care systems to develop holistic and integrated ways of working - including the key enablers (IT, infrastructure etc.) and connecting strategy to delivery. Kevin works as a performance coach.
As part of the Consilium team Kevin has given detailed system re-design support to a major transformation programme across East Berkshire and Chiltern. He has also played a leading role in the design of a new system wide model of health and wellbeing for Merton CCG and Borough Council.
Eve Baker ACMA
Eve joined Consilium Partners as an Associate in October 2015 and brings 21 years of valuable NHS experience including Executive Finance and Strategic roles in acute provider and commissioning sectors.
She has had a number of leadership roles in the Berkshire commissioning system, including Director of Finance, Deputy Chief Officer and Acting Chief Officer for the federation of CCG's in East Berkshire. A high profile achievement was successfully negotiating the Transaction Agreement with Frimley Park NHSFT for their takeover of Heatherwood and Wexham Park NHSFT – the first FT-FT takeover in the NHS. Other successes have included financial turnaround and establishing an effective system-wide interoperability programme to share clinical records and digital care plans.
Eve's first assignment with Consilium Partners has been to work as a Programme Director leading a system wide programme to transform services and system infrastructure for people living with complex or multiple long term conditions.